New Migration Yorkshire Toollkit published last November 2022 – Building the foundations for social connections in Yorkshire and the Humber
This toolkit is designed to support people working with refugee, migrant and receiving communities in the Yorkshire and Humber region to build the foundations for meaningful social connections and promote social cohesion.
The toolkit focuses on the experiences of refugees and other new arrivals in Yorkshire and Humber, and how new migrant communities can be supported to make connections in their new homes. It encourages the reader to think about how they can contribute to creating villages, towns and cities that are welcoming and which invite everyone – no matter their immigration status – into the fold. It is designed to:
- provide an evidence base and share the research findings
- inspire action through the words of Yorkshire and the Humber residents
- showcase best practices through local and national case studies – including from Hull, Todmorden and Bradford
- offer practical guidance and tools
- be a repository of key resources.
Access the toolkit here: Building the foundations for social connections in Yorkshire and the Humber