View menu


Below you’ll find a list of our frequently asked questions. 

How can I find accredited ESOL classes?

All accredited ESOL classes in Yorkshire can be found on the LEYH website. Click accreditation on the search and apply the filters to be shown a list of classes that are accredited.

What Certificates do I need for Visas and Immigration?

Where can I take the life in the UK test?

What is IELTS?

IELTS is short for the International English Language Testing System.

This is an international standardised test of English language proficiency. It is jointly managed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, the British Council and IDP Education Pty Ltd.

IELTS is the world’s most popular high stakes English-language test for study and work. Overseas students from most non-English speaking countries will have to do an IELTS test to prove that their English is of a particular standard in order to be admitted to UK universities.

To find out more visit the IELTS Introduction.

Where can I get advice about immigration and citizenship?

We use cookies to help personalise and improve your web experience. To learn more click here.