English courses in York
York is an ancient city with a population of approx 200,000. The main industry is tourism. The city has 2 universities that attract many foreign students.
The main community languages spoken by residents are Turkish, Polish and Cantonese. York’s refugees and asylum seekers are supported by Refugee Action York and York City of Sanctuary as well as other community groups.
The City of York Council has a COVID-19 emergency fund for digital equipment for vulnerable ESOL learners. An application form, which can be found in the COVID-19 emergency fund guidelines needs to be completed by an ESOL tutor, support worker or advice worker and submitted back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Locations / Courses in: YO10 5DD
- Locations / Courses in: YO1 9RL
- Locations / Courses in: YO31 7EX, YO30 6JA
- Locations / Courses in: YO31 7EX, YO31 7EX
- Locations / Courses in: LS9 9LF
- Locations / Courses in: YO23 2BB
- Accreditations: City and Guilds ESOL, E1 - E3 Accredited Courses
- Locations / Courses in: YO10 5AF, YO24 4DA, YO31 1DX, Yo1 6JD, YO1 6GA, YO1 7DS, YO31 7EA
- Categories: Asylum Seekers, Beginner Class, Reading, Speaking and Listening, Writing
- Accreditations: Accredited Course, Entry 3