View menu


Below you’ll find a list of our frequently asked questions. 

How can I find accredited ESOL classes?

All accredited ESOL classes in Yorkshire can be found on the LEYH website. Click accreditation on the search and apply the filters to be shown a list of classes that are accredited.

What Certificates do I need for Visas and Immigration?

Where can I take the life in the UK test?

What is IELTS?

IELTS is short for the International English Language Testing System.

This is an international standardised test of English language proficiency. It is jointly managed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, the British Council and IDP Education Pty Ltd.

IELTS is the world’s most popular high stakes English-language test for study and work. Overseas students from most non-English speaking countries will have to do an IELTS test to prove that their English is of a particular standard in order to be admitted to UK universities.

To find out more visit the IELTS Introduction.

Where can I get advice about immigration and citizenship?

We use cookies to help personalise and improve your web experience. To learn more click here.


One Minute Survey

To help improve Learning English in Yorkshire and the Humber, we are looking to collect some information about how this website is used.

It should only take you a minute to complete, and all information is entirely anonymous, and will only be used and reviewed by our internal team.

You can find out more information about our survey here.


All data collected from this survey is used for the express purpose of data analysis for anaonymous reporting on this website. The information will never be sold to a third party, nor will you ever be identified or contacted as a result of completing this survey.

Click to reveal survey