Back to main page
Access to Higher Education

Going to University

Welcome to our information page on going to university.  You will find information and links here which will help you to go to university in the UK.  There is information here on applying, and on funding for university for refugees and others.  There is also information on English language requirements for different groups of migrants.  Scroll through the different sections to find what you need.

University in the UK

University in the UK

Courses at different levels

University in the UK

How to apply for Universities in the UK

Scroll through these slides to find information on how you apply for undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and when to apply. There is also information here on what qualifications you may need and what to do if you have qualifications from another country.

How do I pay for my University degree?

Look at these slides to find information on the regulations around funding if you want to go to university. This information is for poeple who are classed as Home Students. This means anyone who is a refugee or has Indefinite Leave to Remain, or has ordinarily resident in the UK for more than 3 years.

English for Higher Education

You can get support for your English when you are going to University. You can do preparation courses at some Universities, like University of Sheffield.

There are also some good online resources to help you get used to reading, writing and speaking at University. For example, the BBC has good resources to help you with this. These resources are designed for people doing a degree by distance learning, but they are useful for anyone going to University.

English for Higher Education

We use cookies to help personalise and improve your web experience. To learn more click here.